Tuesday, May 13, 2014

FOLLOWING MY EXAMPLE

God is constantly making my heart smile through my 6 year old.

First of all, I am not a perfect mom. I mess up pretty much daily and there are some days where every time I turn around I am telling her "I am sorry I did not respond to you like I should of...I should not have raised my voice...I should not have acted gotten angry or impatient...mommy is human...that is not what Jesus wanted me to do/say...i mess up...but I'm trying and I love you and will you forgive me...AGAIN???..." But in the middle of all that, I sure do try hard to take advantage of my opportunities to speak TRUTH into her life. And I try my best to live out what a personal relationship with God is like so she can follow my example. I leave my Bible and journal out if she's not up when I finish my quiet time so she can see that Mommy spent time with Jesus today...and she can even read my journal if she desires...it's there. I am completely open with her and she is (almost ;) ) completely open with me. Because of my example, my 6 year old is quick to apologize. SOMETIMES she even apologizes AS SHE IS YELLING at her brother or sister. LOL it can actually be quite comical ;). I love her tender heart. I LOVE her sensitive spirit. I LOVE her strong desire to obey God completely. This kiddo gets so frustrated when she sins or messes up. She wants to be perfect, even though she knows God doesn't require perfection. One day she said to me, "momma, I try so hard not to mess up...but everything I want to do I don't! And everything I don't want to do, I do!" Welcome to Romans 7, my child! She pretty much quoted the Apostle Paul perfectly without even knowing it!

This same child of mine called a family meeting yesterday morning...she had stayed up late reading her Bible and writing in her prayer journal the night before and she had her sermon and her prayer all ready and wanted to encourage the family to let the Holy Spirit guide us, to respect each authority, to spread the good news about Jesus. and to trust God. And that was one long-winded sermon - but it was awesome to hear what God was doing in her heart.<3

When I was crying today for the struggles my mom is facing with her health, my 6 year old snuggled me and prayed the sweetest spirit-led prayer with me that brought peace that passes understanding.

What she did tonight melted my heart once again. She couldn't sleep...so she came out and asked me for MY Bible. Part of me, the selfish part of me, didn't want her to mess with MY things...after all, she has her OWN Bible...but I KNEW that the Holy Spirit wanted to speak to her through her MOMMY's Bible...I have so many underlined verses and notes in there that she can read through and see "THIS is how God is working in Mommy's heart." And she will see even more that my relationship with my creator is REAL. I LOVE HIM. And I DESPERATELY want my children to know him even MORE than I do. One thing I NEVER refuse my little girl is the opportunity to read her Bible (or mine ;) after bedtime...she has a flashlight and if the Holy Spirit leads her to read His word I WILL NOT STOP HIM from speaking to her! That is a great, quiet time for my sweet girl to grow closer and closer to the God who created her and knows her and loves her more than I ever could ever imagine.

I LOVE what God is doing in my life. And I LOVE what God is doing in my family. And I LOVE that he uses imperfect me to accomplish his perfect work :). I am so glad he created me for such a time as this!

Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
1 Corinthians 11:1

But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me--and not without results. 
1 Corinthians 15:10 

Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.
1 Timothy 4:12  

But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children."
Matthew 19:14


2 comments:

  1. Psalm 19:14
    Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
    Kimberly! I know the Lord is well pleased with the words of your heart! Keep at it friend!

    ReplyDelete