God wants his children to DO GOOD!* Titus 2:7...Do good of every kind.
* Titus 2:14...Be totally committed to good deeds.
* Titus 3:1...Submit to authority...always ready to do what is good.
* Titus 3:8...Devote yourself to doing good.
* Titus 3:14...Do good by meeting the urgent needs of others.
* Galatians 6:9...Don't get tired of doing good.
* Galatians 6:10...Do good to everyone whenever you have the opportunity! Especially to other Believers!
* 2 Timothy 3:16-17...God's word is to prepare and equip his people to do every good work!
* Hebrews 10:24...Motivate others to love and to do good works!
* 1 Samuel 26:23...God rewards doing good.
* Proverbs 3:27-28...Do good NOW when it is in your power to help.
* Ephesians 2:8-10...God saved us by his grace so that we can do the good things he planned for us before time began.
* Ephesians 6:8...God rewards the good we do.
* Hebrews 13:16...Don't forget to do good and share with those in need! These are sacrifices that please God!
* 1 Peter 2:20; 3:17...God is pleased when you suffer for doing good, rather than for doing wrong.
Let's step outside our box. Look around your neighborhood and city. Pray for God to open your eyes to where he wants you to serve. The neighbor that needs help with some yard work. The single mom that needs a babysitter for her kids so she can have a break. The couple with a struggling marriage and little money that needs their kids to have a playdate at your house so they can invest in eachother and restore their marriage. The lonely friend who needs you to slow down and invest in a relationship with her so God can use you to help heal her wounded, tired heart. The stranger who needs you to take your eyes off your cell phone and be all there even in public - they may just need to see your smile - and they may not smile back - but you never know what that smile or genuine "how are you?" does to their heart. (and let's not forget our children who need our attention OFF OUR CELL PHONES (i am too often guilty too!). Your local salvation army that can use donations, help in their store, or your services or company with the residents in their activities. The local nursing home where the elderly may not have family ("adopt" an elderly person who has no one else who visits them!). Organizations that help single women and children such as Living Alternatives or Youth with a Mission. Volunteer at Grounds for Justice or your local organization which raises money to stop sex trafficking of little girls HERE IN THE US! The options are endless once we open our eyes and see where God is working! However, all that being said, don't get SOOO caught up in serving outside the home that you forget to serve willingly INSIDE your home...our kids won't believe our relationship with God is legit if we are happily serving others while ignoring them ;). Baby-steps. Follow as God leads...one day, one moment at a time. Let's cut out the AMERICAN DREAM BUSY-NESS and invest in what matters:)
I leave you with this today...